This week I want to share the Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation Scholarship.
Who should apply for this scholarship?
Students who will start college Fall 2018 and are a child of a veteran, has financial need, is a first generation college student, and/or has a documented disability.
What is required?
- Un-weighted GPA of 3.5-4.0
- Minimum SAT score of 1200 (out of 1600) or 1800 (out of 2400) or minimum ACT score of 25
- Two Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a teacher)
- A Copy of Your College/University Acceptance Letter
- One Essay (300-500 words) about what is your greatest mistake/failure you have faced and how you overcame it or learned from it.
- A Possible Interview in person or by phone/Skype
What could you win?
The Kim and Harold Louie Family Foundation is planning on awarding $100,000 in scholarships. The number and amount of scholarships that will be awarded will be determined by number of qualified applicants and amount of money available. Example: If there are 10 qualified applicants, each would get a $10, 000 scholarship. Or if there were 100 qualified applicants, each would get a $1,000 scholarship.
When is it due?
March 31, 2018
Comment below, email at email@example.com, or tweet using #sotw the type of scholarships you want or nominate a scholarship to be featured. A new scholarship will posted every Monday.